Thursday, April 16, 2009

My first steps

Well, this is my first attempt at blogging. With regards to what I would like to learn from this course is the fact that my children are so up to date with the most current technology available, and I have no idea what they seem to be talking about. EG: blogging, wiki, facebook etc, so I am hoping to come away from here with some great new facts about this technology.

I like the fact that I can learn constantly about new things that are happening with this latest technology. Life to me is one big lesson, you are constantly learning all the time. Whether it be life experiences or learning new things at work, I think that sometimes we have to be like little sponges taking in all the information that we possibly can to keep up with the lastest in the computer world.

I have had a look at some other blogs, and discovered that you can write just about anything you want to, whether it is about the weather, your family and friends or even if you are planning a trip overseas. It seems to be a great form of communication.

Using a blog within the library system could be very beneficial, as far as letting other library staff at the different branches and locations know what is going on in the different areas. Whether it be a meeting that might be taking place, or a course that is being run, you could use a blog for this.

You could use a blog in the library system to let clients know what activities are going to be on at each library branch. Example of this could be childrens activities, or computer lessons for seniors, the list is endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment